ELECTRIC TRAVELLING is intended to ease the implementation and further development of electromobility (e-mobility) in urban and suburban areas. The project results will provide adequate Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools to identify smart e-mobility solutions adapted to specific urban or suburban areas and will ease the introduction of electric vehicles (EVs) and the required charging stations in the existing transport infrastructure.
The project will assist travelers in choosing the travel mode (including EVs) and route (by using ICT applications) and will support local authorities in the definition of appropriate directions for the development of e-mobility.
The final product of the project (ETSys) will include the following 4 integrated modules:
- ETPlanner - a door-to-door travel planner with routing optimiser ready for EVs.
- ETCharge - includes optimal multi-criteria allocation algorithm of charging stations.
- ETSim - multi-agent simulator which will allow to simulate travelling people on selected area (based on ETPlanner).
- ETReport - reporting module addressed to local authorities presenting results of simulation.
The products developed will be tested in three case studies in the following cities:
- Zalaegerszeg - Hungary.
- The Hague – The Netherlands.
- Sosnowiec - Poland.